Orientation
Orientation was today. It was good... but long.
Jason had to be Mr Mom. He dropped me off so he could have the truck. We really need to figure out how to get another vehicle. I think tax return will be invested in another car and a laptop for school.
I arrived, signed in. Didn't wait long in the lobby. They ushered us into a red room. I forgot the name of it. (you should realize now the I am horrible with names) It wasn't ready for us, so they took us into the Restaurant. Where they had drinks and cookies. I headed straight for the coffee.
They are building a REAL Restaurant in the school. From what I heard, Its going to be a full functioning restaurant. The neighborhood doesn't have a nice restaurant and its also where we get to do our internship if we wish.
Once they were ready they brought us back into the red room, took our seats and waited. They played some really great music. Nina's Feeling Good came on, I cracked a smile. I LOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH. A lot of French music. All that was missing was La Vie en Rose.
They handed out folders with forms. Then they take half of the 64 that were there to pick up their uniforms. The rest of us were hit with a timed pop quiz. BAM! It wasn't a grade quiz, but an assessment quiz. We had 12 min to answer as many as we could. Trust me, I did bad. 1st, the text was so damn small I was having a hard time seeing the damn words. Yes, I'm old. A font size bigger then an 6 would be helpful.
After our quiz, we went to pick up our uniforms. 2 chef jackets, 2 chef hats, aprons, rags, a flexible cutting board with the school logo and neck scarves in red white and blue, that represent the 3 levels of baking lab your in. We're also supposed to get a baking tool kit,but they didn't give that to us.
Coffee & Cookie Refill...
We went back to the red room and went over handbook, forms, do's & don'ts. Signed stuff. Then all that was left was to get our ID badges and the rest of our uniforms for those like me that are getting a Degree. We also get 4 polo shits with the school logo. We have to take basics like English, Math, Hospitality Safety classes and French.
Oh, and they put my 1st name on my badge. BOO!!!!!
Jason had to be Mr Mom. He dropped me off so he could have the truck. We really need to figure out how to get another vehicle. I think tax return will be invested in another car and a laptop for school.
I arrived, signed in. Didn't wait long in the lobby. They ushered us into a red room. I forgot the name of it. (you should realize now the I am horrible with names) It wasn't ready for us, so they took us into the Restaurant. Where they had drinks and cookies. I headed straight for the coffee.
They are building a REAL Restaurant in the school. From what I heard, Its going to be a full functioning restaurant. The neighborhood doesn't have a nice restaurant and its also where we get to do our internship if we wish.
Once they were ready they brought us back into the red room, took our seats and waited. They played some really great music. Nina's Feeling Good came on, I cracked a smile. I LOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH. A lot of French music. All that was missing was La Vie en Rose.
They handed out folders with forms. Then they take half of the 64 that were there to pick up their uniforms. The rest of us were hit with a timed pop quiz. BAM! It wasn't a grade quiz, but an assessment quiz. We had 12 min to answer as many as we could. Trust me, I did bad. 1st, the text was so damn small I was having a hard time seeing the damn words. Yes, I'm old. A font size bigger then an 6 would be helpful.
After our quiz, we went to pick up our uniforms. 2 chef jackets, 2 chef hats, aprons, rags, a flexible cutting board with the school logo and neck scarves in red white and blue, that represent the 3 levels of baking lab your in. We're also supposed to get a baking tool kit,but they didn't give that to us.
Coffee & Cookie Refill...
We went back to the red room and went over handbook, forms, do's & don'ts. Signed stuff. Then all that was left was to get our ID badges and the rest of our uniforms for those like me that are getting a Degree. We also get 4 polo shits with the school logo. We have to take basics like English, Math, Hospitality Safety classes and French.
Oh, and they put my 1st name on my badge. BOO!!!!!
Labels: LeNôtre

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home