Saturday, March 26, 2011

Nutrition Class.

The instructor seems cool, but the subject matter. Its so damn boring. If I gave a crap about calories, meal plans or nutrients my ass would be smaller. 

I have a project to work on. I have to create a 1 week meal plan/ exercise plan for a pretend customer and turn it into a 12 min PowerPoint presentation. We got to pick our customer on Wed. I also bombed a quiz on Wednesday, BIG FAT F, but she drops the lowest, so that's cool.

My pretend customer is....
Mary Kensington is a 75 year old retired teacher. She's a diabetic, does not like pork, is allergic to shell fish and loves vegetables. She lives alone in a retirement community. Her health is optimal except complications with diabetes due to the fact that she loves sweets. She is able to move around well for her age and walks around the community once a day, about 1/2 mile. Currently the home she lives in provided three meals a day for her as well as snacks and desert at each meal. Each meal is balanced but contains high sodium. The home offers reduced calories desserts,but she opts to go for the regular sugar desserts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home