Friday, April 1, 2011

Baking Lab 1: Week Three

I don't remember much of this week. I had 3 cakes I had to do this week for family and friends so I was really busy. I remember the orientation I had to go to on Tue. That was long.
They finished the Chiboust Tart, A Chiboust Tart is a almond dough tart and vanilla pastry cream with folded in Italian meringue.
I really hate to miss a class. You can miss so much information or technique tips and then feel lost when people are talking about stuff that you didn't get to do.
I'm becoming overly anal. I take notes then transfer all my notes to a clean up version of my notes. My binder is a rainbow of tabs. I think I need help O.o

My Normande Tart with Royal Icing 
(crumbly sweet tart dough with sauteed apples)
Chiboust Tart, Not sure what the middle ones were, Lemon Tarts
Left side of the Lab.
Thurs Chefs table. Food at table I was sitting at.
Students presenting their Labs dishes.

Stuff I learned  this week;
Pate Foncer ( made on bench instead of mixer)
Tarts
Chiboust Cream
Lemon Curd
Poached Pears
Whole Wheat Crackers
Pain de Mie
Apple Saute
Baguettes
Raisin Dough


What up Brian!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
now get back to work! haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home