Baking Lab I:Week Four
I constantly felt lost until I remembered what the next step was. This week I tried to take peoples word when they passed items like the flour..... I just need to get my own flour. Less chance for mistakes. My stuff still came out fine, but because the correct ingredient was replaced before beginning. I'm also over being held up in class. Its like come on, I don't want to dog on people, but aren't' we all adults here? Really, My class would be perfect if some people would leave their egos at the door, get there on time and pay attention to the demo.... and that's all I have to say about that.
There were few demos. I'm a visual kind of person, so I need a demo, but some recipes this week are made like other things we've made. So, I should be able to remember. Right?.. Well, I'll be 41 this year(gulp), and I can't remember shit anything, so I have to go through my notes, but I second guess myself...sigh
We had a 3pg paper on Flour due. Found out that large amounts of flour powder in the air can ignite and cause an explosion. Who knew?
We made some really fun stuff. Fried, baked and played with sugar. Fun fun..
My mother in law lent me her camera. Figured out the lights in the lab are causing my pictures to come out with lines. That's the only room my phone camera acts all weird. So, next week I should have nicer pictures.
looks awesome and cool
This us trying to do it
This is the mess what we ended up with.
yeah, we need a lot more practice.
yeah, we need a lot more practice.
Imperial Rice Pudding with spun sugar
Choux texture
Some Stuff I learned this week;
Apricot Roulade
Raspberry Roulade
Ambassadeur
Genoise
Waffles
Imperial Rice Pudding
Crepes Suzzette
Apple Beignets

















0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home